Another long West Rock Ridge Hike completed (the first being the scenic vista tour)! This was the second long-ish West Rock Ridge hike I’ve done. This one was a bit on the easy side – I stuck mostly to the paved ridge due to participating in the Sleeping Giant Fall Foliage Hike the next day (10/15).
For this hike, I utilized Google Fit. It bugged out in one spot though. I’ve posted some stats below the image/outline of the hike.
- According to google fit, this hike was roughly 14 miles. Assuming a steady 3MPH walking speed, it would’ve taken about 4.6 hours. My logged time was 4h25m. I paused (10m) during breaks.
- Encountered 1 person+dog in the first two hours of the hike.
- Saw a group of birder’s at “the view” with an owl-on-a-stick!
- No exotic wildlife seen. Chipmunks/squirrels and birds were around though 🙂
- Reasonable hiking temperatures. Hoodie, leggings, and shorts. Minimal sweating.
- Great solitary vistas!
- Encountered a pair of bicyclists; one shouted “Hiker Up!” when crossing my path! Pretty cool.
- Brought 5 servings of Stop & Shop cranberry trail mix. Ate 4 servings, 1 per break. I added a teaspoon of salt since the mix was sodium free. Electrolytes yo!
- I brought 3L of water. I drank between 1.5L – 2.0L.
Planning another hike soon!